The Chambersburg Area School District is seeking a visionary leader that is highly qualified and has significant experience in education as its next Superintendent of Schools. The person chosen by the Board will assume the role by July 1, 2023. The selection will be made by April 1, 2023.
To apply: Send letter of interest, detailed educational vitae’, proof of qualification (valid Pennsylvania Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility and Superintendent Certification), original transcripts, Act 34, 114, 151 clearances and three (3) current (within 1 year) letters of recommendation to Ms. Crystal Ellgass, Administrative Assistant, 435 Stanley Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201, by December 9, 2022.
Minimum qualifications: Master’s degree in education with a preference for a doctorate degree and ten years of full-time public school educational experience, at least three of which were as a classroom teacher and at least three of which have been in a school-based administrative or supervisory capacity within the past three years
Additional Desired Traits include:
- Demonstrated educational leadership experience related to the following:
- the commitment to achieving a culture of professional and academic excellence
- the ability to identify and implement innovative approaches to academics, learning, growth, and achievement for all students
- the principles of educational administration including excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- the ability to establish a clear vision of instructional leadership both personally, as well as among the administrative team
- the principles of educational leadership including the ability to lead, manage, and coach district leaders to ensure all students receive a quality education
- the ability to apply research-based school improvement designs to address current issues facing a diverse school community
- the ability to establish a culture of professional and academic excellence, to monitor progress, and to evaluate performance of staff
- the ability to respectfully engage with and respond to questions, as well as manage differences of opinion and build consensus with the board, staff, parents/guardians, and the public
- the commitment to continued development of strong school, family, and school partnerships
- the commitment to student and school community safety
- the ability to lead with integrity and to inspire a collaborative team-oriented environment among professional and support staff
- the ability to facilitate and collaborate with all stakeholders through the use of exceptional listening skills and respect for others
- the commitment to continued development of strong school, family, and community partnerships
- the understanding of the demographic trends of the district that impact development and improvements in curriculum design to accomplish the attainment of standards of excellence
- the ability to develop and execute multi-year planning for facilities and services centered on student and staff success
- the demonstrated skill in the budgeting process and fiscal responsibility, incorporating strategic initiatives and priorities
- the demonstrated ability to utilize consistent purposeful oral and written communication with the board, staff, students, and the community at large with the goal of excellence in student outcomes
- the use of a personal computer to develop presentations, documents, spreadsheets, and analyses
About the District: Chambersburg Area School District is a public school district located in Franklin County that encompasses approximately 250 square miles, including the borough of Chambersburg, plus Hamilton, Greene, Lurgan, and Letterkenny Townships, and a portion of Guilford Township. The district has an enrollment K-12 of more than 9000 students with a highly diverse student population. The district is composed of two high schools, two middle schools, and thirteen elementary schools.