Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=396cddfd-04da-433c-a478-c8c05c48c766&jobId=885218&lang=en_US
Meriwether Godsey is looking for an Executive Chef responsible for leading and managing a high-volume food production program, as well as special events and high-end catering for a dining program at a private coed preparatory boarding and day school located in Mercersburg, PA. Our ideal candidate has strong culinary and management skills, a vision for excellence, as well as a passion and demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity.
What you will do:
- Communicate daily with production staff on all food production activities.
- Purchase organically and locally produced foods, whenever possible, and work alongside production staff to incorporate these products into recipe and menu offerings on a daily basis.
- Oversee menu development, purchasing, and production, incorporating the latest trends and practices.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are reached, maintained, and recorded; ensure daily records of food usage, organization of storage/cooler areas, and other compliance regulations are kept.
- Lead by example; engaging and developing direct reports and team members through ongoing support, monitoring, coaching, and feedback.
- Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships while researching price variations.
- Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
- Maintain effective client and customer-centric relationships.
- Deliver high-end catering.
- Assist in Back of House phases of financial planning, budget/cost analysis, and reporting to set, monitor and achieve operating and financial goals.
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree or five or more years of related food service experience.
- 5+ Years experience in Contract Food Service Operation, High-End Catering Management, High-Volume Dining, and Multi-Unit experience.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Exemptions available upon request
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check and TB testing
- Application and promotion of current food trends.
- Proficiency and growing knowledge of sustainable practices.
- Participative management style and excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating talent and promoting an inclusive work environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Account and Project Management Skills.
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP), sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment while fostering strong client and customer relationships.
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification preferred.
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay, Meals, Uniforms, Benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, and more!