Meriwether Godsey is looking for a Part-time Utility Steward/Dishwasher at a private coed preparatory boarding and day school located in Mercersburg, PA. Must be available to work between the hours of 7a-7p, Monday-Sunday.
What you will do:
- Set up and operate the dish machine for cleaning and sanitizing dishes, trays, silverware, glassware, pots, and pans: scrape, separate, and organize items
- Note and record dish-machine temperatures, reporting low temperatures or machine malfunctions immediately
- Transport related supplies and assist in the setup of cafeteria areas
- Clean cafeteria areas throughout and after meal periods and replenish them to ensure service without interruption
- Setup and use three - a compartment sink for cleaning and sanitizing pots and pans
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen and cafeteria areas, including sweeping, mopping floors, and removal of trash
- Assist with receiving and storage of food products and food preparation following correct food handling procedures to ensure food safety
- Perform all duties in accordance with food safety and sanitation best practices
- Other duties, as assigned
What you need:
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Exemptions available upon request
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check and TB Testing
- Prior dishwashing experience (1 year preferred)
- Strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility; ability to switch between tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Reliability and a willingness to work in a hot, humid environment
- Ability to stand/move about for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to adhere to company safety and sanitation procedures
- Good communication skills and a great attitude
What you will get:
- Competitive Pay ($15 per hour), Uniforms, Meals, Training Mentorship, and Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, etc.)