Full-Time Nurse Educator
The Nurse Educator is responsible for the development and execution of effective staff, patient, and family education materials, projects, and engagement programs throughout Keystone Health (KH) and the community it serves. This individual will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to identify educational needs and implement evidence-based educational strategies that promote patient self-efficacy for optimized health outcomes. This person will also be responsible for the delivery, assessment, and tracking of staff education.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home initiative. Minimum of three (3) years working as RN required. Willing to work some weekends/evenings to better serve our patient’s needs. Energetic and motivated. Experience in nursing education desired. Experience with diabetic education a plus. Current PA RN license; current CPR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following numbered functions or tasks. These essential job requirements must be performed successfully either with or without reasonable accommodation. Responsibilities are varied and complex requiring a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, independent judgment, and initiative. This essential job list is intended to be a guide rather than a limitation. KH has the right to add new responsibilities as demands dictate and is in no way stating or implying that these required tasks are the only activities that are to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement a system wide strategic plan for patient education in collaboration with the leadership team that promotes evidence-based practices and multifaceted learning.
- Develop and implement a community education outreach program in collaboration with the leadership team that utilizes evidence-based practices and multifaceted learning to promote healthy behaviors.
- Oversee the development of innovative interactive digital patient education platforms to strengthen patient engagement.
- Oversee the development and implementation of standardized education curricula and methodologies to ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Lead analyses that enable continuous improvement and innovation in patient education practices focused on improved patient outcomes.
- Create strong, collaborative partnerships across the organization and within the community to ensure an integrated and standardized approach to patient education is achieved.
- Ensure education materials are up-to-date, accurate, and accessible
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by maintaining current knowledge of best practices in the field.
- Serve as a resource for staff relative to patient education.
- Works with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Director of Quality and Risk Management to identify areas of high-risk activity and develops staff education to mitigate risk.
- Develops staff education curriculum and standardizes topics of high clinical importance.
- Establishes and maintains all protocols and standing orders.
- Ensures the standardization of procedure performance organization wide.
- Regularly oversees performance of audits of nursing clinical skills and documentation
- Provides feedback to site directors when deficiencies are observed.
- Develops and maintains all policies and procedures concerning infection control in accordance with all regulatory standards; ensures compliance by staff; provides training to address any non-compliance.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete the online application at www.keystonehealth.org/employment.
Keystone Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center with offices in Chambersburg, PA
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.