Do you want to make a difference every day? Do you love to learn, play, dance, or sing? The Chambersburg YMCA is seeking applicants for part-time assistant preschool teachers. Preschool teachers work together to create and maintain a stimulating educational environment for children ages 3 to 5 while helping them learn to love learning! Patience, creativity, and a positive attitude are a must!
Preschool teachers will have the ability to:
- Establish effective relationships with parents and children.
- Maintain high teaching standards.
- Create a positive, nurturing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, creativity, and communication skills.
- A high school diploma and 2 years of experience working with children or youth
- Education in Child Development, Education, Human Services or related field is preferred. (Individuals with related degrees do NOT need 2 years of experience.)
Preschool teachers must provide 4 clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal Background, FBI, and NSOR), two written references, and a current physical with TB test.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour