Are you ready to make a difference? Do you love to learn? The Chambersburg YMCA is seeking applicants for a full-time lead preschool teacher. Preschool teachers sing, dance, play, and craft every day. They work together to create a nurturing environment for children ages 3 to 5 with a healthy dose of fun and optimism. Patience, creativity, and a positive attitude are a must!
Preschool teachers will have the ability to:
- Establish effective relationships with families and students.
- Maintain high teaching standards.
- Create a positive, nurturing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, creativity, and communication skills.
- A high school diploma and 2 years of experience working with children or youth
- Education in Child Development, Education, Human Services or related field is preferred. (Individuals with related degrees do NOT need 2 years of experience.)
Preschool teachers must provide 4 clearances (Child Abuse, Criminal Background, FBI, and NSOR), two written references, and a current physical with TB test.
If you are ready to enjoy coming to work, contact us today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
Staff and students wear masks. Facility is following CDC guidance for early childhood education COVID-19 safety.