Duties & Responsibilities:
The Kids Ministry Director for the Shippensburg Campus will be responsible for the following:
Oversight of all aspects of Kids Point Ministry-Shippensburg:
- Work in conjunction with the central staff to ensure cohesion in content and vision of the entirety of Grand Point Church.
- Do what is necessary to recruit, train, and develop the leadership and volunteers required to keep Kids Point Shippensburg moving forward.
- Provide consistent communication and encouragement to ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Maintain scheduling required for weekly volunteer needs so that Kids Point Shippensburg can maintain and move ahead.
- Work with Kids Point central services for any needs of the campus Kids Point ministry.
- Be concerned with the spiritual development of the Kids Point volunteers ensuring they know they are valued beyond their service ability.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Kids Ministries to recruit and equip leaders who will help in the programmatic development of Kids Ministry. Utilization of volunteer leadership is expected in every area of Kids Ministry.
- Speaking into the vision of GPC Kids Ministry as a whole.
- Collaborate with all GPC Kids Ministry Directors on calendar specific events and programs.
- Collaborate with all GPC Kids Ministry Directors on planning, execution, and evaluation of the kid’s ministry for GPC.
- Keep inventory of resource room supplies to include craft materials, snacks, and paper products and replenish as needed.
- Communicate with Director of Kids Ministry with curriculum and supply needs.
- Monitor AV equipment and note items that need repaired or replaced.
- Maintain classroom environments including replacing batteries in toys and equipment, removing broken items, reporting needed repairs, taking note of needed upgrades to furnishings and equipment, monitoring cleanliness of linens, smocks, and aprons for the nursery and preschool classes.
- Make monthly theme changes to class environments.
- Each member of the GPC staff will work as a team to accomplish the mission of Grand Point Church. This may include duties outside the normal realm of their position but are imperative to the fulfillment of our objectives as a whole.