In this role, you will mentor Youth Development Team Leaders, assist in monitoring various processes on multiple units, supervise and interact with clients, observe and address client behavior, and document services in client files.
Salary: $22.00 Per Hour
Bonus (if applicable): $2,000 for full time
Shift: 2:45pm-10:45pm, includes weekends
Benefits & Perks: We provide a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that offers the protection, peace of mind and flexibility designed to support you – both at home and at work.
- Medical & Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) * Paid Holidays * Paid Training
- Advancement Opportunities
Job Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the implementation of activities which support the daily schedule on one or more units at the facility.
- Ensure standard operating procedures, program policy and procedures, and the client interventions process are implemented appropriately.
- Interact with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Provide effective people security (e.g., headcounts, room checks, client movement)
- Provide effective on-the-job training to Youth Development Team Leaders.
- Observe client behavior and intervene appropriately.
- Process intakes and screen clients according to program policy.
- Facilitate and document various groups/meetings.
- Administer medication or supervise self -administration of medication when necessary.
- Know and implement emergency procedures (e.g. evacuation, CPR/first aid).
- Support the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skill
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as Youth Development Team Leader, or similar residential youth facility experience.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Driver's License
- Physical exam that includes TB and drug testing.
- Criminal clearances (State Police, FBI and State Child Abuse Clearances)
- Satisfactory completion of background screening and applicable pre-employment checks, including but not limited to employment and/or personal reference and driving records.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.