Gateway Gallery Auction is seeking an efficient, focused, safety-minded individual for our auction properties team Applicants should have extensive knowledge of packing, loading and unloading trucks, moving furniture and other personal property and a valid driver’s license. We offer paid time off, health benefits and competitive pay.
Essential job functions:
- Experienced and qualified to drive a box truck, both locally and occasionally for long distances.
- Proficient with tools and able to disconnect and reconnect furniture and simple electronics.
- Able to efficiently and carefully move all types of household furniture, cabinets, appliances, office equipment
- Moves property to and from storage and loading docks and places that merchandise in a neat and orderly manner in assigned areas.
- Interacts with customers in a cheerful / positive manner and is respectful of the customer’s personal belongings.
- Assist in organizing items for auction
- Perform set-up and clean-up tasks
- Function as a floor runner on auction day
- Perform general maintenance of company-associated facilities, grounds and equipment using company tools and equipment
- Provide Labor support as needed
- Performs other related duties
- Lift heavy loads up to 80 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to perform physical labor that requires bending, twisting, stretching, crouching, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, pushing, pulling, and lifting and carrying objects.
- Standing and walking for extending periods of time, with ability to move adequately through all areas of the customer’s home or business - includes walking over rough and uneven surfaces.
High School Diploma or GED
Able to Pass Test for Physical Card
Knowledge of Loading/Unloading Trucks
Gateway Gallery Auction is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.