Auction Property Handler Supervisor / FT
Gateway Gallery Auction is seeking an efficient, focused, safety-minded individual to lead our auction properties team. Applicants should have management experience as well as extensive knowledge or packing, loading and unloading trucks, moving furniture and other personal property. The ideal candidate will be capable of leading a team, communicating effectively and working with management to accomplish company goals.
Essential job functions:
- Communicates and monitors assignments to team members and/or contract employees.
- Analyzes problem situations in depth; uses good judgment, discretion, and independence.
- Juggles several tasks simultaneously, prioritizes and completes work assignments.
- Experienced and qualified to drive a large truck, both locally and occasionally for long distances.
- Proficient with tools and able to disconnect and reconnect furniture and simple electronics.
- Able to efficiently and carefully move all types of household furniture, cabinets, appliances, office equipment
- Lift heavy loads up to 80 lbs on a regular basis
- Directs and assists moving property to and from storage and loading docks and places that merchandise in a neat and orderly manner in assigned areas.
- Interacts with customers in a cheerful / positive manner and is respectful of the customer’s personal belongings and uses good judgment in working with customers
- Works closely with management
- Provides documentation in a clear, concise manner (e.g., notes, memos, letters, reports, etc.)
- Perform set-up and clean-up tasks
- Function as a floor runner on auction day
- Perform general maintenance of company-associated facilities, grounds and equipment using company tools and equipment
- Provide Labor support as needed
- Performs other related duties
- Ability to perform physical labor that requires bending, twisting, stretching, crouching, kneeling, reaching, repetitive motion, pushing, pulling, and lifting and carrying objects, with routine reaching / lifting of the arms over the head to access shelving, storage racks, or other high areas and lift objects.
- Standing and walking for extending periods of time, with ability to move adequately through all areas of the customer’s home or business - includes walking over rough and uneven surfaces.
- Physical stamina to lift, pull, carry, or move light to heavy objects as required to perform job duties (i.e. bulk supplies, mechanical parts, and other merchandise – packaged in boxes, plastic containers, or other packaging; customers furniture and other small to large appliances; mowing equipment; mechanical / gardening tools of all sizes; ladders; lifting mechanisms)
High School Diploma or GED
Able to Pass Test for Physical Card
Knowledge of Loading/Unloading Trucks