The position of a Welder is of great significance to our organization. This position fabricates, assembles, and welds metal/steel components on various trailers to SOP’s/Blueprints/Knowledge /Foreman and/or Lead Instructions.
- Maintain all company Quality requirements and follow company guidelines utilizing a “Stop and Fix” mindset.
- Maintain a clean environment and follow company 5S + Safety Standards.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment, settings, and methods based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using fixtures, tape measure, levels, speed square, clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Prepare trailers and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Assist other welders in the completing of work to ensure work is completed as efficiently as possible
- Fast paced environment
- Ability to consistently lift over 50 lbs and work in awkward positions while bending, stooping, kneeling, or standing for 10 hrs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education – Experience Required
- Must possess the skill set to support a safe working environment.
- Must be able to pass a weld test.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, down to 1/16th in.
- Must be 18 years old.