Celebrate the start of summer at the Conococheague Institute with a day of themed programming.
We'll be combining the best of our 18th Century programs with nature themed activities with hands-on crafts, presentations, guided tours and learning for all ages.
Free Admission, Donations Appreciated
A Day full of fun filled activities including:
- Discover your Backyard Birds - Members of the Conococheague Audubon Society will be leading a bird walk at 10.30am around CI's diverse habitats. Ongoing bird talks and crafts throughout the day
- Catching Birds In Flight - Audubon photographer Bob Keener will be giving advice on catching that rare snap of birds with examples of his work.
- The Art of Dye - Learn how natural ingredients can great a rainbow of colors and make your own resist dyed handkerchief
- Wet and Wiggly - Explore the tiny world of what's living in the Wetlands, from macroinvertebrates to giant snapping turtles
- The Kitchen Garden - Lend a hand in harvesting, or sowing the next crop
- Nature's Creations - Embrace the essence of recycling and try turning nature's excess into fences, bird feeds and bee houses
- Medicinal Plant Walk - Our garden is filled with natural medicines that we cultivate, but plenty more are wild in the woods. Walk the trails and see what is growing